06 June 2008

Packing Day

Today is a packing day, and organizing day. And in between I am sandwiching visits with friends in Alaska's largest city. I am dividing my stuff up - summer things to go to Colorado, and household things to stay in storage. Along the way I come across a few things that shouldn't have been packed at all - like the cat food. Why did I pack it? I'm going to blame it on the cold weather and the wind and the snow and ice...it makes you rush your packing to get out of the cold. I'm very glad to be back here. I really missed it. And my friends have been kind enough to say that Alaska missed me. Of course, I don't think it did but it's nice to know that my friends did.

It's one of the good things about taking a break - it has made me realize what how much Alaska speaks to me. It reminds me of the quote "Home is not where you live but where they understand you." I have a little trouble readjusting to the long daylight but otherwise I am content. This is my turf, my stomping ground, and my heart is full with joy at being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your messages here...I am always delighted to have comments!