06 June 2008

Road Trip!

Wet spring snow falling past the windows, the Disreputable Cat catching her first live mouse (it was in the house), the deaths of too many young daredevils, meetings with an old friend, trips to the zoo with my niece, and to the park with my nephew, gardening, watching the arrival of western tanagers and cedar waxwings....

I've been a bad blogger and a bad blog reader the last month. I've missed you but things have been so crazy, as much in my head as anywhere, lately that I haven't had the time or the energy to even pick up the computer. And it doesn't help that my computer and Internet access have been spotty. Every now and then I'd wonder how all my blog friends were doing, wanting to catch up but since I knew I was unable to catch up with all of you I caught up with none of you. I've even gotten some new readers who have surely already given up due to the lack of blog posts. Thank you to those of you who inquired after my well-being! I have been fine although preoccupied with decision making. My head has been spinning like the legs of an upturned beetle, my thoughts chasing each other like a fox its tail. The dust is finally starting to clear a little and I hope I'll be around a little more regularly.

But now I'm going to try and make it up to you - I'm going to take you with me on my drive south from Alaska to Colorado. I have decided not to take any of the tempting summer job offers that while putting me in the places I want to be and doing the things I want to do don't actually give my career any kind of boost and just delay the current situation until the fall. So, although it's subject to change, at the moment I am planning on spending the summer in Colorado selling books. So with that in mind I desperately need some summer things which were not packed in my suitcase. So the Disreputable Dog and I are going to drive my camping & backpacking gear, my bike, and some summer clothes down the Alcan (more formally known as the trans Alaska-Canada highway). I've always wanted to drive it in the summer, having previously always driven it in January - I don't know precisely why, it just ended up that way. The Disreputable Cat is staying in Colorado to wait for us.

I'm going to write a post every day but they will only be posted as Internet connections avail themselves (we're camping the whole way down). This means I will continue to be a bad blog reader/ friend for a least another few weeks and have decided that when I start out I'm just going to clear my reader and start with where you are then....but I miss you and do wonder what you are all up to.


PS - CAE, Doris Rose, & Silver Fox, I got your tags, I promise I will get to them!

19 comments:

  1. Okay... so when you get some time and you find yourself in the neighborhood... let's go have lunch!

    ;o)

    Best to you

    Scarlett & Viaggiatore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where the AlCan goes - even though my father-in-law worked on it back in the day, when the family lived up in Atlin. Will you be anywhere near Vancouver at any point?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you, and good for you on your plans. We're all bad bloggers (too harsh on yourself, surely!) from time to time, let's face it - it's that real life thing that gets hectic, troublesome or even nice here and there.

    Please tell the Disreputable Cat that I'm proud of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh.. a camping road trip! fun! thanks for taking us along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering about you. Glad to hear things are okay. Also glad you're back to blogging. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to hearing about your trip. drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back - and the trip sounds great. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you are well. Looking forward to posts from your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! A post!

    And more to look forward to. I have one more exam and then three weeks of holiday so I will have lots of time to read and to try and transport myself into your shoes for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you're back! Good to hear you're doing well. Have a safe trip. I'll look forward to hearing about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wayfarer, it's great to read your blog once more. Lucky Disreputable Dog, to be going on such a trip with you. I'll look forward to hearing some of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you're well and busy. We've missed your posts but you know what they say about absence...
    Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. no better way to start the summer than camping and a long road trip. have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apparently, my comment from over the weekend was swallowed up...good to hear from you, and I can't wait for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am up to no good probably. haha. I wish.

    Anyhow. I look forward to the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wished I could do that drive, too. (I've been a little homesick)
    Enjoy your journey girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. scarlett, indeed, I will!

    cae, sadly no! Otherwise I would definately have let you know.

    trousers, thanks. And yes, I will tell the Disreputable Cat so - I am too!

    all, I missed you too and am glad you still want to come around for all my absences. Thanks for all your trip wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your messages here...I am always delighted to have comments!